Monday, April 25, 2005

SLS International News + Steve Vai Update

News just arrived that SLS International (OTCBB: SITI) – manufacturers of loudspeakers using new Planar Ribbon technology – announced that their RLA/2s speakers will be the speaker of choice at the next Naples Winter Wine Festival, to be held in Naples, Florida. SLS also recently announced record breaking first quarter revenues – up 62% over fourth quarter 2004 figures. For those of you not yet familiar with SLS’s merchandise, you can read up on how impressed I was with their HTA Surround Sound System here. They’re definitely worth a spin round the musical block.

For those of you wondering how my rock star stalking went this past weekend – the Steve Vai (ex guitarist for Frank Zappa, David Lee Roth, Whitesnake) show in Seattle was very impressive. As you can see from the photos below, I was fortunate enough to meet Steve. We chatted for a while, he signed every bit of paper I threw at him, and then as if I wasn’t happy enough about the whole ordeal, he let me play "Evo", his personal Ibanez Jem guitar. Yes I was in musician heaven. Afterwards during the show I had to wonder to myself if Steve’s amazing band was indeed human… If you get a chance, definitely catch the Vai band if they come to a town near you, I highly recommend it, if extreme musicianship is your bag.

My thanks to Steve Vai for humoring an old die hard fan for so long!
Brian meets Steve Vai
Brian playing Steve's Ibanez Jem, "Evo"

No comments: